Blueberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce

7:04 PM


Yesterday while on a shoot for a magazine, the editor gave me a large bag of fresh blueberries. 4 pounds. It was heavy! Of course, I immediately wanted to make cobblers and muffins but when I started cooking my ribs today and saw that I was out of store bought bbq sauce, I decided, hey, this could work. And work it did. Not overly sweet and the Sriracha adds a nice kick. Even my kids loved this blend of sweet and spicy. Quick and easy, I can't wait to try this sauce on some pork tenderloin. 


You will need:
1 (4 to 5 pound) Rack Pork Ribsibs
1 1/2 cups Fresh Blueberries
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce 
¼ cup  Sugar
1/4 cup of Sriracha

3 tbsp of Creole Seasoning

Rinse your ribs and place on baking sheet.  Sprinkle with the creole seasoning. In an oven at 350 degrees, cook for 2-3 hours. 

In skillet, add in your other ingredients. Cook on medium heat, smashing the blueberries as it gets hotter.  Stir well and taste. Add more sugar should you need to.  Cook for about 15 minutes. Turn off heat. Sauce should be fairly thick like a syrup.  Coat your ribs with your sauce and serve.

This recipe is adapted from Living Locurto's Blackberry BBQ sauce.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook