Ice Cream Pocky Cake....

2:38 PM



I am thinking that this summer heat calls for one of these!  Nothing like an ice cream cake to beat this Mississippi heat.


What you will need:
Ice Cream (softened)
Cake (I used box cake mix but I am sure a homemade cake would be divine!)
Raspberry or strawberry jam
Strawberry Frosting
Pocky sticks (I used two large bags of pocky sticks to cover the 9 inch cake)(you can find these in the Asian section of your grocery store or at an Asian food market)
clear wrap
ribbon if you like

After the cake has cooled, I trimmed off the top excess to make it even. I then spread a generous amount of jam to the layer. Place in the freezer until it is hardened. This is important because it will need to be frozen to ice it later. Otherwise,it will become a slippery mess!

On the other cake layer, spread your softened ice cream. Wrap tightly in clear wrap and place in the freezer until frozen.

                                               



Once both layers are frozen, place them together like the photo above. You can use a knife to trim off any icecream that is sticking out from the cake. Place back into the freezer.

Once it is again frozen solid, take out and begin frosting. You will need to move fast and do not worry if it is not perfectly frosted. You just need enough frosting on the sides so that the pocky sticks. After frosting, immediately begin placing the pocky sticks around it. This would be fun for the kids to help with but be careful, pocky is very delicate and they will break easily.

I tied ribbon around my cake because I thought it looked super pretty and it helps keep the pocky in place. Place back in the freezer.  I topped my cake off with chocolate covered strawberries and plain strawberries. You will need to leave in the freezer until it has hardened and take out when you are ready to serve.  It is sooooo good!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook