Fried Green Tomato and Deli PoBoy

5:29 PM



If you mention fried green tomatoes outside of the South, usually people will think you mean the movie but it is actually one of those truly southern foods that people just do not make often enough. It used to be that many families fried these bad boys up back in the day, growing their own tomatoes they were easy for those families to come by. Now, green tomatoes are pricey and served in the most fancy of restaurants. They are not available all year here where I live so when I see some, I snag them up quickly.








While I do not like raw regular tomatoes (can't stand the taste of em uncooked), I absolutely love the tartness and firmness you get with green tomatoes. They have the perfect tartness and when fried, they soften a bit without being mushy.

Here is my lunch for the day. Fried green tomatoes with slices of chicken and turkey deli meat, shredded lettuce and avocado mayo. Oh and bacon. How can I forget the bacon! This delicious heap was just what I needed earlier. And yes, I am one of those people who will put a few potato chips on my sandwich.



Find my recipe for fried green tomatoes here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook