Southern Comfort: Mashed Potatoes

11:36 PM



At my house, we always make sure we keep a large bag of rice and a huge bag of potatoes in the pantry. They are those staples that are filling.  My kids love my mashed potatoes and they are very simple and easy to make.My daughter told me that my potatoes are her favorite ever and coming from an Anime loving, sushi-is-everything kid, that means a lot.

I love the taste that using chicken bouillon cubes adds to the taste of the potatoes. You can also add a bit of sour cream or some cheese. Oh my gosh, this base is just that...a base for endless possibilities.



I start by cutting (remember, I have four kids) 8-10 medium potatoes. I first wash them, then peel them, leaving some skin on them. I don't leave a lot of skin, just a little for texture. I then cut them into quarters. Place in a large pot of water. Add in 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes. 1 per every 5 potatoes. Boil for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain all of your broth into a heat safe bowl and begin mashing the potatoes.  Add in 1 tbsp of fresh shredded asiago per potato you sliced.  If they are too dry, slowly begin adding in some of the broth you set aside until you have the consistency you are happy with. There is no need to add salt or pepper as the bouillon cubes add sodium and the right taste.

Click here for my chicken recipe..for this one above, I used buttermilk instead of water.

*If anyone knows of a nice blogger recipe template that would be awesome. I am trying to find something that is print-friendly.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook