Summer Berries...

11:41 AM

It is no secret that I love berries. During the summer most of my desserts consist of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, heck any type of berry.  Sometimes I wish we had berry patches around town...that would be amazing and an adventure my children would definitely enjoy.







I do not even have a name for this dessert but boy was it good.  I took flour tortillas and deep fried them in vegetable oil until golden and bubbly. Immediately after removing them from the oil, I coated them in a cinnamon and sugar mix.  I topped it off with a scoop of ice cream and berries for my children, but for myself I used a sweetened marscapone cheese. A honey drizzle adds a nice finishing touch.  



Seriously, how cute would this be as individual desserts at a dinner party or reception?


I always wanted to make something using wonton and eggroll wrappers. I am not too fond of traditional eggrolls but thought it would be nice to use the wrappers for a dessert. The eggrolls are stuffed with cheesecake filling, sliced fresh berries and then deep fried. Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar or add a chocolate drizzle or dipping sauce for a nice added touch. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook