Easy Chicken Gyros

1:57 PM


When it comes to dinner for my kids, most times we keep things very simple and light. I am always thinking of foods that I see on television or online and it is so refreshing to take a break from traditional heavy Southern meals and try something from the Mediterranean area.

One of our favorites are chicken gyros. I must admit, I am an absolute sucker for tzatziki sauce. I can eat it by the spoonfuls. 

I use this recipe here for the sauce but I add in a tablespoon of pickle juice to it as well. I really like dill. Like, dude....seriously.



Chicken Gyros


1 chicken breast per person, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive Oil
Thinly sliced cucumbers
Lettuce
Tomato slices
Soft Greek Style Pita bread

Preheat oven to 350.

Place cubed chicken on skewer. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over skewers.

Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.

Remove chicken from skewers and place on top of soft pita. Add lettuce, tomato and tzatziki sauce. serve with extra sauce.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook