Cereal Milk Ice Cream

11:55 PM

So this is not my recipe but it is one I tried with just minor adjustments. Oh my word. This is certainly a case of recipe goodness where it actually works and for the best.




Growing up, I remember eating cereal and the best part was not really eating the cereal, but drinking the milk in the bowl after all the cereal was gone. Yeah, I always wanted the novelty cereal, but no matter what cereal it was, it was the milk that never changed. It was all deliciousness that was the sweet happy ending to the fairytale that was in my bowl.

I made this ice cream for my kids and I freely admit that I asserted my parental authority when I imposed limits on how much they could consume because heck, I wanted more for me!

Adapted from Food 52

Cereal Milk Ice Cream

3
 cups Frosted Flakes
1 cup Rice Krispies
2 1/2 
cups whole milk
1 1/2 
cups heavy cream
2/3 
cup brown sugar
1/4 
teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tbsp Honey
4 
egg yolks
1 
teaspoon vanilla


Add your cereal to the milk and let sit for about 20-30 minutes until cereal is completely soggy. In a pot add your cereal . In a bowl, add in a few spoonfuls of the heated milk mixture to the eggs. Stir. Then add the egg/milk mixture to the main milk pot. Cook on medium until it thickens a bit.

Turn off the heat, and cool the mixture for four hours. Place into your ice cream maker. Chill the mixture for at least 4 hours, then churn it in your ice cream maker. Follow the directions from this point out that was provided by your ice cream maker.

I served my ice cream with sprinkles of frosted corn flakes in between the layers and a drizzle of honey on top. Oh. my. word. Yessss.




Even though  it is cooling down, who does not love a bit of ice cream.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook