Easy Stuffed Taco Poblano Peppers

6:55 AM


My mom is from Texas. She left when she was 17, married and moved to Mississippi. She is a big time lover of all foods Spanish and Spanish inspired. Whenever I invite her over for dinner she always asks, "Are you making Mexican?"  Seriously, if she asks for one more burrito...

Since she is always asking for it, I try to find recipes I can try that will keep it less boring for me. I made her stuffed peppers not too long ago and she loved them. I kept it simple (although in my mind I was creating something just as spectacular as the Chile Rellenos I love from my favorite joint around here).

This is easy, only a few ingredients and can be stuffed ahead of time and then baked.

You will need:
Poblano Peppers 
3 cups of ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cup of cooked Spanish rice
2 cups of shredded cheese
1/2 cup salsa

Rinse your peppers well and then cut a slit down the middle. Using a spoon, scoop out the vein and seeds. Discard the seeds. Set peppers aside.

In skillet, begin browning your ground beef, and drain the grease. Lower heat to low and add taco seasoning and then salsa. Stir well. Remove from heat. In a bowl combine cooked rice with ground beef and then add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Spoon mixture into the peppers. Place on baking sheet.  Bake for about 45 minutes, then top peppers with remaining cheese and bake for about 20 more minutes.

Makes 6 large peppers.

And there you have it. I serve mine with a bit of rice and a nice side salad.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook