Easy Tartar Sauce

2:52 PM






I have never really been a fan of tartar sauce. I guess it was the relish that was in it, because I do not like pickeled relish either.  I have always wanted to give tartar sauce a chance, so yesterday, after deciding to make fried fish sandwiches for lunch, I said, making my own, should not be too hard...And guess what...it is not hard at all.  

I used diced up some hot and spicy Claussen spears.  I also diced one regular dill pickle spear and 3 sliced of pickled cucumbers.  I had just purchased a McCormick Lemon and Pepper grinder and since I did not have fresh lemons on hand thought this would work. Start off slowly with adding the lemon pepper, a little bit of it goes a long way and you can season it to your liking.

Mix well and you now have a quick and tasty tartar sauce!

*When I fry my fish, I 'double batter'.  I coat in the cornmeal mix, dip in milk or water, then back into the cornmeal before frying. It makes it extra crispy.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook