Garlic Noodles and Bourbon Chicken

3:29 PM



Many moons ago, when I was a wee college student, I took a trip with friends to Orlando, Florida. Of course, your usual college student activities went on and of course one was a trip to the mail. I remember trying one of the mall Chinese places and I ordered Bourbon Chicken. It was so good.  Once back in Mississippi, I was not able to find it anywhere and alas, I have not had it since.

The other night, I really wanted to try garlic noodles. I know a lot of people swear by the goodness of butter and noodles but I have always wanted a bit more taste to my noodles so it is something I never tried. Who knew basically naked noodles with a bit of garlic, Parmesan would be just so good.


Bourbon Chicken

2  boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 cup Hoisin Sauce
1⁄4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Dumpling Sauce
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 garlic clove (diced)
2 tablespoons olive  oil

In skillet, place your olive oil and garlic. Saute on medium for 2 minute, stirring.  Add in your chicken cubes, then add in the rest of your ingredients. Cook on medium for about 15 minutes, continuing to stir so that the sauce does not burn. It should turn into a glaze. Do a taste test and add more honey for sweetness if needed.



For the garlic noodles I followed the recipe here from  The Noodle Guy and my kids absolutely loved them! The only thing I did was add 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook