Chipotle Lemon Pepper Chicken with Plum and Jalapeno Salsa

1:18 PM



Today for dinner, I wanted chicken but had no idea how I wanted it. I spied the bag of charcoal and made my way outside in the backyard.



You will need:
For the Chicken
Chicken breasts (I used 6)
1 can of chipotles (chopped)
2 lemons
4 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 tbsp salt

For this chicken, I seasoned the cleaned chicken breast with fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon) and lemon pepper seasoning with salt. Make sure to sprinkle evenly to coat the front and back of the chicken. I then chopped up a small can of chipotles in adobe sauce. I spread the chopped chipotles and sauce over the chicken and and placed them on the hot grill with fresh slices of lemon on top.

Squeeze lemon juice on the chicken every 15 minutes until done. You can also sprinkle more lemon pepper seasoning on it as well. I like a tangy lemon taste, so I added just a bit more.  Also, reserve some of your chipotle sauce to brush over the chicken once after you flip. Cook until juices run clear.  You can also cook these on top of the stove or bake.



For the salsa, I peeled one sweet plum and diced it. I also chopped one fresh jalapeno pepper and 1/3 chopped onion. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and add salt to taste. Mix well and serve over your chicken.



My mother is not a fan of chicken breasts, because she says they are dry. She loved this so much and said it was really moist. I know if my mama says it is good, it has to be pretty good.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook