Easy Beer Battered Fish

12:53 PM



I must admit, I love Captain D's fish here in my town. It is so good, crispy with a somewhat buttery rich flavor. It is one of my guilty pleasures. Here in the south, fried fish is 99.9% cornmeal breaded and fried. If you want beer battered or battered fish, Captain D's is the only place you will find it.  So I wanted to see how easy it was to make. I found some recipes online but thought, I wonder how pancake batter would work. I used buttermilk pancake mix and added in a can of Bud Light Lime.  I used tilapia but you can use cod. I first dipped the cleaned fish into dry flour, then into the batter, I fried it in vegetable oil until golden brown. I removed from the grease and placed on a paper towel to remove excess oil. I served with fresh and crudely cut potatoes I fried in the oil as well until crispy.

This was seriously some easy and good eatin'!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook