Tried it and loved it: Olga's Flavor Factory Stuffed Chicken Marsala

8:36 PM


I absolutely love trying new things with my family and friends. I am one of those people who grew up in a household where as soon as my dad got home from work, the table was set, food was ready and hot. We all sat down and ate dinner together as a family every single day. I remember those times with a smile. When I was a teenager and in high school, I would complain about sitting about the table to eat because heck, I was missing my favorite show...but oh how hindsight is 20/20. I now realize just want having dinner with my family did for me. It made me connect food with family and love.

When I cook, I cook to show my love. Sometimes it may take a little extra effort, but I want my family to know they are worth it. They are worth my learning how to do something, they are worth the work that comes with trying something new. Our meals are never routine and no one ever knows what to expect around here. Shoot, if I see something on pinterest, by dang it, I will try it.

I ran across this recipe for stuffed Chicken Marsala on pinterest and the southerner in me had to try it. Heck, how can you go wrong with mashed potatoes and chicken? Seriously....and gravy. Stuff it with cheese? Why yes, please.

I found a recipe for a wonderfully looking dish over at Olga's Flavor Factory and decided to give it ago. Seriously...it turned out amazing.




I followed her recipe but used breadcrumbs instead of bread slices and I omitted the flour on the chicken, I seasoned it after stuffing and placed it on my griddle.


Here is the recipe....once again, not my recipe, but the photos here on my blog are my results from following this recipe.


Author: 

Recipe type: EntreeServes: 2-4
Ingredients
  • 2 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
  • salt, pepper
  • ¼ cup flour
  • 1½ – 2 Tablespoons oil
Cheese Stuffing:
  • 1 slice bread (about ½ cup) made into breadcrumbs
  • ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • ¼ cup provolone cheese, shredded
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons sour cream
Marsala Sauce:
  • 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • salt, pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup sweet Marsala wine
  • 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • fresh parsley, minced, for garnishing
Instructions
  1. Using a paring knife, make an incision in the horizontal side of each chicken breast. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
  2. Pulse the slice of bread in a food processor to make crumbs. (You will have approximately ½-3/4 cup of breadcrumbs).
  3. Combine all the ingredients for the stuffing in a bowl. Mix to combine.
  4. Stuff half of the stuffing into each chicken breast.
  5. Dredge each stuffed chicken breast in flour.
  6. Heat 1½ Tablespoons of oil in a skillet on medium high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
  7. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
  8. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, add about ½ -1 Tablespoon of oil or butter and heat on medium high heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden and the onions are tender.
  9. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
  10. Add the flour and mix until thoroughly mixed in.
  11. Add the wine and chicken broth, whisking vigorously, to prevent lumps.
  12. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes, until sauce has thickened and reduced.
  13. Add the heavy cream.
  14. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice.
  15. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with parsley.

My kids loved this. I served with fresh french green beans that I cooked in butter and salt and pepper and a side of fresh homemade mashed red potatoes that I cooked with 1 chicken Maggi cube for flavor. For the potatoes, I peeled and chopped them into halves, boiled with the maggi until tender....I then drained the broth, and mashed them, adding broth back as needed. Maggi cubes are full of flavor so I did not add additional salt or butter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook