Pizza Casserole.....

11:18 PM



I am busy filling up my recipe binder with handwritten recipes to have for my children and when I started copying this one, I got so hungry. I realized we have not had this in a while. I reminded myself to definitely make it for them next week. We love pasta here and of course, with tweens and teens, spaghetti is always a winner.

Am I the only one who puts hot sauce in her spaghetti?  I don't put it in the main batch, but on my plate, I douse the bad boy with hot goodness. I like spicy spaghetti. How good would it be with some chipotles in it?!

To make this dinner (and perfect dish for a potluck), you will need:
Spaghetti Noodles (or your favorite pasta noodle)
Spaghetti or pizza sauce (two  jars)
Olives
Pepperoni (chopped and sliced)
1 pound of ground beef
italian seasoning
salt/pepper
4 tbsp of minced garlic
fresh parsley
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Brown your ground beef and season with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and minced garlic.  Drain grease.

Cook your noodles until tender. I always use the refrigerator test. I throw a noodle at the fridge and if it sticks, they are done. Drain and pour 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on them, stir to prevent them from sticking together.


In large mixing bowl, add your noodles, then ground beef and chopped pepperoni, sauce chopped parsley and 2 tbsp of minced garlic, add about 1 tsp of salt and mix well. If it appears too dry, add more sauce.




Fill your casserole dish  with the spaghetti mixture and top with cheese, pepperoni slices and olives. You can also make it a supreme pizza casserole by adding chopped onions, sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, ham, bacon...seriously, the possibilities are endless!

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes and serve hot. It is so good!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook